What Worked


The Happiness Seminar tonight reminded me that I have many reasons to be grateful for the one I love.  The past four years have been the happiest years in my life so far because of the great contribution he has made in expanding and developing me in ways I would never have imagined possible.  I have an interesting life to build upon because he interrupted me with his creative spirit, his knowledge of music, his love of movies, games, and entertainment and his sense of adventure. I have some incredible memories to cherish for the rest of my life because he consistently made life fun.  

There were so many details of our relationship that were completely workable.  I felt tremendous, love, support, and comfort being with him, for the most part.  I laughed a lot. I learned a lot. I loved a lot as well. And I enjoyed being his partner no matter what costume he had me wear.  

Although we didn’t live together, we were inseparable, for the most part, with plenty of stories to share with our friends.  I was incredibly happy just being near him whether it’s watching Game of Thrones or playing Splendor on his phone.

I don’t think either of us can explain fully what caused our relationship to end.  Communication breakdown, most likely. It seems that we started speaking two different languages suddenly that neither understood.

I hope, eventually,  when things settle, we’ll be great friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Authentically

When Stories Collide

Break up Depression