Internal Drama And It’s Destructive Impact

I recently became aware of a new layer of destruction that I perpetuate on my own. This behavior is separate from the relationship with the one I love even though I make it all about him.   It originates in my head and it generates power through my speaking.   It allows me to maintain the victim position no matter what I do or say.  It justifies every thought that keeps me trapped.  It does a huge disservice to the one I love.  It alienates me from those who support me.

Three friends brought this to my attention on three separate occasions by asking me this very bold question:   “Stephen,  if you didn’t talk about W what would you be talking about?”  All three times, I had no good answer.  One of the three friends suggested that I am addicted to the drama surrounding the relationship that is unraveling and it’s causing me stress in all other aspects of my life.  I think she’s right.

I have now determined not to talk about W so much anymore.  And when I do talk about him I’m starting to notice that I am spinning my own yarn of how things happened so that I look like a saint and he looks like a villain.  As soon as I notice this,  I see that I’m actually creating negative energy about the one I love and I’m spreading it out to anyone willing to listen.  This has to stop completely.

Nobody deserves the perpetuation of drama,  especially when it’s no longer real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Authentically

When Stories Collide

Break up Depression