When I first heard this song over a year ago, I started crying, knowing even then that the beautiful relationship we designed together was destined to end.  Although I was the one brave enough to declare the break up, I was very clear that I did not want out of the relationship. I wanted to hit restart, in hopes of creating something more authentic and sustainable.  I was naive, having never experienced the emotional upheaval that ensued. The past two months have been ruthless, for both of us. Yet I can only be grateful, despite the pain. You have given me incredible happiness and a much larger life than I would have imagined possible.  

I promised at the start of our relationship that no matter what happens, I will remain your friend.  You said that would be impossible. I disagree. We may be strangers now. But I will still be your friend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Authentically

When Stories Collide

Break up Depression