Villainy as a Victim

Today, I’m struck by the impact of my own villainy as a victim.   I justify gossip about someone I love just to get some semblance of pity or support for my suffering with no regard whatsoever of how my words might leave the other person.  The idea of destroying a reputation, decimating trust, or ruining a great relationship is not even on my radar. I am so consumed by my own story, nobody else matters.

I abdicate my power instantly by declaring that I have no choice about anything I do. I step into guilt and fear as knee-jerk reactions as quickly as I breathe, anticipating my own judgment to take me out before someone else does.  I pretend that I have no say in my life—about anything. I perpetuate my loss of control.

This all must end.  

I declared yesterday that I am love.  This behavior is inconsistent with who I am, and is diametrically opposed to my stand in the world.   Therefore, I am causing my life by taking action in the direction of full responsibility for the words I speak and the impact I bring to myself, the people I love, my community, and the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Authentically

When Stories Collide

Break up Depression